Make a unique Christmas gift from wool fibres at Broadway Tower Barn in Cotswolds with Textiles Artist Raya Brown.
‘Winter dream ‘ wool fibre painting workshop Tuesday 5th November 10 am-4.30 pm.
Complete beginners are welcome!
This course will take place at the beautiful Broadway Tower barn in Cotswolds.
Wool painting or wool watercolour, as some people call it, is a unique relatively new technique which originated in St. Petersburg. This is not felt making. It is about creating a fibre picture using merino wool, silk and viscose. Laying and shaping fibres, blending the colours together, creating beautiful textures and effects with a professional Artist Raya Brown is a great experience for complete beginners as well as people with some knowledge of Art and Craft. Following Raya’s step by step instructions you will create an amazing picture with some lovely watercolour effects and textures, which you will take home at the end of the workshop. Come around and enjoy tactile therapeutic experience of working with beautiful feather like strands of natural fibres in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The course will cover:
* Recreating a landscape in wool fibres
* Exploring the qualities of wool and experimenting with wool and other natural fibres
* Developing skills of working with loose fibres
* Learning techniques and methods of making a wool painting
* Making your own fibre picture
* Unique therapeutic experience of working with natural fibres
What’s included in the price?
All materials, frame, tea, coffee,cakes and lunch are included in price.