‘Introduction to Portrait’ interactive online Art course with live tuition
New ‘Introduction to Portrait’- 10-week Interactive online Art course. (Some experience in Art is beneficial but NOT necessary) Cost £15 a week. (Total cost £150)
Thursdays 6pm-9pm Starting 21st of May.
This is a brilliant interactive lockdown Art course for those who are eager to learn to how to draw beautiful portraits in a classroom environment and develop their artistic skills further. This is a great chance for everyone to observe professional artist’s demonstrations, ask questions and socialise with like-minded people.
The course will teach you how to capture facial proportions and likeness and show feelings and emotions in your portraits. You will have a chance to explore your creativity using various materials such as pastels, charcoal and graphite or other materials available to you as well as different techniques, including collage. You will develop your observational skills and study portraits created by famous artists. You will receive plenty of individual help being guided and inspired by a professional Artist and Tutor Raya Brown. Small groups of learners and clear step-by-step instructions are guaranteed. Some visual resources and recordings of online classes will be provided.
What you will learn:
- To understand basic anatomy
- You will learn about facial proportions
- You will understand and learn how to draw facial features
- How to simplify the head into basic forms to help you draw realistic portraits
- You will learn how to show three-dimensional qualities of a human head using tone
- You will learn how to capture likeness
- How to show feelings and emotions in your portraits
- Learn how to draw a head from different angles
- Study portraits by famous artists
- Learn to use pastels, charcoal and graphite or other materials available to you as well as different techniques, including collage to create some expressive portraits
*Choice of materials and techniques could vary depending on availability of materials you have at home