10-week Advanced Level online Portrait course with live tuition via zoom. Wednesdays 10am-1pm
(Prior experience in Portrait drawing and watercolour painting is necessary)
This is a brilliant interactive online course via Zoom for those who are eager to learn how to paint beautiful watercolour portraits in a virtual classroom environment and develop their artistic skills further. This is a great chance for everyone to observe professional artist’s demonstrations and work together with an artist; ask questions and socialise with like-minded people. The course is suitable for the students with prior experience in Portrait drawing and watercolour painting.
Over the 10-week course you will study some techniques and ideas of the famous traditional and contemporary Portrait artists which will inform your approaches to painting portraits. The course will offer a particular insight into painting watercolour portraits. You will have an opportunity to explore and experiment with various watercolour techniques and methods of painting, including Raya’s own method of painting called ‘wet fabric’ method. You will be encouraged to develop your own ideas and personal language in response to the model.
You will receive plenty of individual help being guided and inspired by a professional Artist and Tutor Raya Brown. Small groups of learners and clear step-by-step instructions are guaranteed. Visual resources and recordings of online classes will be provided.
During the course you will:
- Study other artists’ Portraits and investigate a range of styles, approaches and techniques
- Learn how to paint facial features in watercolour
- Learn how to create skin tones
- Further develop your skills using watercolour and produce watercolour portraits
- Explore ‘Wet Fabric’ painting method
- Learn how to show various moods, feelings and emotions in your Portraits using expressive colours, tones, unusual angles and dramatic compositions.
- Explore and create interesting backgrounds for your Portraits
- Develop you own artistic style and use your ideas to create some expressive professional portraits
Starting Wednesday 24th April 2024