‘Red Robin with the snowdrops‘ one-day wool painting workshop. Some experience in wool painting is necessary. Sunday 26th November, Sunday 17th of December or Sunday 14th January 2024.
This is not felt making. This is making a painting using layers of merino wool and enhancing it with silk or viscose fibres. This is a workshop for people with experience in wool painting. You do not need to be an artist but you need to have some knowledge of wool painting techniques. This is a step by step workshop which is designed for you to have fun with different wools and experiment with colour and fibres.
Come around and advance your skills in wool painting as well as explore the qualities of various fibres. At the end of this class you will make a fantastic gift for yourself or a friend-a wool painting which you will put in a glass frame and take with you!
The course will cover:
- Learning the basics of composition in Art
- Exploring the qualities of wool and other fibres
- Acquire new skills of working with loose fibres
- Learning wool painting techniques and methods
- Making your own fibre picture
- Unique relaxing therapeutic experience of working with natural fibres