Watercolour for beginners
Learn how to use the beautiful, transparent medium of watercolour.
You are invited to join a group of enthusiastic like-minded people to study Watercolour painting in relaxed atmosphere of your own house. Guided by a professional artist Raya Brown you will receive step-by-step instructions and individually tailored tuition, inspired by Raya’s watercolour demonstrations and her own work during her live sessions.
Moreover, the structured feedback will be given on your class work and homework. You will be working in small groups and will have a chance to participate in group discussions and online displays of art work. The art sessions will be recorded and you will be able to view the recordings during the course and 2 weeks after the course.
Raya’s teaching methods will help you overcome your fears of watercolours and make it fun to learn and help you develop your own personal artistic style. This is a comprehensive course with well-structured art classes.
What is included:
- Learning about materials and equipment
- Studying colour mixing and colour wheel
- Exploring watercolour techniques, including wet-in-wet, wet on dry and laying various watercolour washes
- Experimenting with different textures and expressive brush strokes
- Learning to paint from direct observation as well as pictures and photographs
- Learning how to portray depth and space
- Studying old and contemporary masters of watercolour
The subjects covered:
- Still life painting
- Floral painting
- Landscape painting
- Painting birds
Cost: £160 a week (£16 a week)
Wednesdays 10am-1pm, starting 20th of September for 10 weeks